Safeguarding at WEC Group
Supporting our Apprentices
Our Principles and Values
At WEC Group the welfare of our employees including apprentices is paramount, we ensure that:
- Safeguarding and promoting welfare is everyone’s responsibility
- All employees, including apprentices, regardless of age, gender, ability, culture, race, language, religion, sexual identity, have equal rights to effective safeguarding arrangements
- All employees, including apprentices have an equal responsibility to act on any suspicion or disclosure that may suggest an apprentice is at risk of harm
- All employees, including apprentices involved in safeguarding and protection issues will receive appropriate training and support
- We operate a ‘zero tolerance’ approach to abuse and other harmful situations
Our Values are:
- INTEGRITY - We will operate ethically, reliably and honestly.
- EXCELLENCE - We will exceed expectations and strive to be the best we can.
- POSITIVITY - We will bring energy and enthusiasm to both our work and learning whilst being supportive of others, our processes, our customers and our Company.
- TEAMWORK - We will work together to be more efficient and productive, resulting in increased innovation, higher morale and improved retention.
- SAFETY - We will promote a safety culture within the workplace which is fundamental to our operational excellence.
Our Safeguarding TeamOur Safeguarding Team are accessible during our regular open hours. We do not currently offer a 24 hour service but please see below useful links and services available.
|Designated Safeguarding Lead||Edd Belshaw||01254 773718
|Deputy Safeguarding Officer / Mental Health First Aider||Gemma Kennedy||01254 773718
|Safeguarding Officer||Kris Mercer||01254 773718
|Safeguarding Officer||Chris Dickinson||01254 773718
|Safeguarding Officer||Luke Stacey||07725 601689
|Safeguarding Officer||Oscar Satur||0114 2617979
|Safeguarding Officer/Mental Health First Aider||Naomi Coates||07384 469942
Useful Links and Services
- Kooth - Online counselling and emotional wellbeing platform for children and young people. Easily accessible, anonymous and free.
- Young Minds - Online counselling and emotional wellbeing platform for children and young people. Easily accessible, anonymous and free.
- NHS Freephone Wellbeing, Mental Health Helpline and Texting Service - Call 08009154640 or Text HELLO to 07860022846
- Smiling Minds - Relaxation and Coping with Stress App
- Headspace - Relaxation and Coping with Stress App